Some Class News for March 1, March 8

Hello Scholars!

FYI. .. as we wind down the year!

March 1 — Amy is teaching; but you all have a one week extension for your assignments. I’d like to review them this weekend, but really they should just be ready for our discussion on March 8. On that day we will also welcome a First Nation facilitator who will discuss communities, healing, and music from First Nations perspective.

Oh, only one of you has provided Gary Diggins direct feedback. I’ll release the link to him this week. Please get your feedback on the form for him. I’ll go ahead and count this as a short assignment as the reflection and questions are important for the rest of the course.

https://goo.gl/forms/4YgNXgzGq78JCU9G2

I hope all of you had a restful week. Thanks for your attention to these things.

Best,

Gerard

2 thoughts on “Some Class News for March 1, March 8

1. I don’t think it’s fair that class updates and assignments are being posted on this blog. We do not get any notification when you make a blog post so it’s very easy to miss. This is adding to the extreme disorganization of this course. Contacting the class via email would make much more sense.

1. Sorry Jackie

The blogs were a bit of a fail for this class. it’s not a fairness issue, just an attempt at creating a learning community. It has worked in all my other classes for the past four years wherever we attempted it. I knew it would be stressed here in our class. I posted to MLS as well to make sure you are getting these. The blogs should function as sort of an “all the time” always on the computer thing. Mine is always open to your blogs, but my other classes are way more active with them so even I see you very seldom. So, it’s not a fairness issue, or a neglect issue, or anything like that. It was an attempt at a teaching methodology that just didn’t play out perfectly for our class. That being said, have you read your colleagues blogs? They are good. Also, I can’t tell you how happy I am for your contributions to the class. Excellent stuff coming out of your perspective and it’s greatly appreciated. Thanks for all of this.